This was me and Britt this past week:
Who was Peaches and who was Herb? You decide!
Actually, this was us this past week in sunny, sunny Los Angeles:
As was this:
We had way too much fun you guys. I can’t even wrap my head around it. I was trying to remember everything we did and I couldn’t.
Me neither. My four days with Dani were pure magic. A magical, glittery blur.
We may have even had some experiences that too closely resembled The Hangover Part 4, but I’m not permitted to talk about that.
I was so caught up in talking incessantly with my Britt and laughing my ass off and wrapping up my first year of M-F-Acting Grad School that I pretty much failed to capture any of this on camera to share with y’all. But here are some highlights!
And don’t worry, we’ll have plenty of relevant pop-culture GIFs to take the place of otherwise documenting our zany adventures. We got ya covered.
1. Mother’s day brunch at Venice Beach with my Momma! My parents were in LA to catch my performances of Don Quixote, so we had the joy of eating Mother’s Day brunch at Figtree’s Cafe and I am 99% positive that everyone who saw us assumed we were twins. NBD.
WHO IS WHO?! I HAVE NO IDEA.
2. Britt invades USC!! I took Britt to campus to see the last of the culmination performances of this semester, and once again tricked everyone into thinking we were related. In all seriousness, we want a nickel each for every time someone says, “Oh my God, you two look SO MUCH alike!” We would be MILLIONAIRES. It’s awesome. I like to think of it as external proof that we are soul-sistas.
And I would cash in my tens of millions of nickels to buy laser cats.
Holy CRAP though. It was an honor to watch the first and second year MFA students’ final performance work this
week. There are some talented fucking actors in this program. I want to shower them all in love and praise!
Whether Dani (and USC, for that matter) likes it or not, I will ninja into being the eleventh member of their MFA class. Or, at the very least, I’ll be everyone’s favorite stage-mom.
3. Britt reunites with old friends! Not only did Britt reunite with yours truly, she got to see some old friends from years past! Highlights include…
4. We discovered these amazing smoothies at Urth Caffe, thanks to the lovely Hillary Burrelle, and had them three times in the four days that Britt was here.
Seriously, you guys. These smoothies are crack and I am already having withdrawals from the sub-par smoothies in Portland.
5. We went to the ocean! Here is Britt conquering Mother Nature at Playa del Rey.
And here is Dani conquering a sand-cliff. Don’t mess.
6. Dani and Britt jam!!
When we live together down in LA LA Land, we are going to have the most musical house on the block. I wish I had room on my carry-on to travel with my new ukulele, cause you know that shit would have gotten CRAZY. We’re about to have some dueling Lady Gaga guitar/uke times, just you wait.
I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to have my bestie with me in Los Angeles. She seemed so at home here, and it was definitely living proof that in about four months, Britt will be conquering the whole damn city of Los Angeles. I’ll let Britt speak for herself, but post-reunion, I am feeling ready to take on India and come back to the City of Angels to continue the world takeover by Two Evil Actors.
Any fear or second-guessing I had about making making the move to Los Angeles dissipated when Dani and her parents picked me up at the LAX airport. The whole trip filled my soul and gave me energy. Thinking of my imminent move makes my chest vibrate with excitement… and I came back to Portland feeling rejuvenated and ready to work hard to prepare for this relocation.
I know that this new adventure will in many ways be stressful and sloppy and LOUD, but I truly do not know if I have ever looked forward to something so much in my life.
So watch out world, cause this Two Evil Actors reunion is about to become a permanent thing.
…It’s fucking ON.
we love you hard,
dani & britt